Wednesday, July 13, 2011

[Jessica] week two


Happy Birthday Yesterday Mom!!! Have you used your fabulous gift yet? I am a little jealous that I don't get to partake. Though you probably could send me some in the mail. People have received some pretty weird stuff, I mean, I got breadsticks, I didn't expect that. They only told us you couldn't send pizza in a package. Someone else got a watermelon, it was pretty fabulous. I'm really missing moms cooking.. I'm starting to wonder if you are getting my letters.... I sent one last wed. with the draft of my email... let me know if you got that one.
Just so you don't think I'm totally jipping you when it comes to letter time, I only get 30 minutes to email. After the 30 min timer goes off, the computer kicks me off and if I didn't send the email, it doesn't get sent. so I'm writing as much as I can as fast as I can.
The MTC isn't so horrible, I don't love or hate it. But I am tired of having to have someone with me at all times. I like my alone time, often. I like being a solo sister though, it is a blessing from God. I get to do somethings by myself, and sometimes I am forgotten, which I LOVE. Because I get to walk by myself, it's a lot of nice pondering time for me. This is from my journal last night: Right now I'm doing very well. I'm very comfortable where I am. I haven't felt this kind of peace since I've been here. I'm sitting alone down the hall from the cafeteria doors. There are about 20 sisters sitting along the walls, we;re all waiting for our companions. There is a coordinating sisters meeting going on right now. A sister is in an open room playing the piano (poorly), but it is still very nice. I got to talk to nick for a couple of minutes. He seems SO HAPPY!!! He is just SO positive every time I see him. I really don't know what I would do without him. He is such a rock for me. He seems to be loving every bit about what he is doing. He loves learning the language, and he loves teaching his investigators. I do envy him a bit, he gets to speak some english with his investigators. I have 3 investigators, that I can speak absolutely NO english to. If you can't say it in Dutch, you won't be saying it. And the investigators aren't very patcient with your slow moving speech. It is a bit stressful. Sometimes after a bad lesson, I just go into the bathroom and bawl my eyes out. Then other days I have a great lesson (only 1 good lesson so far) and I think "Yes! this is it! I've got it!" then the next day starts and I'm in the bathroom again. It's become my own little sanctuary. As sad as that sounds it is quite nice because it is the only time I can speak out loud to Heavenly Father and express my feelings with my whole being and voice. I've rarely had to do that in my life but it  is such a wonderful feeling afterwords when you've exhausted yourself and all the Dutch you know.
Honestly I think the worst of missing home is over. I struggled A LOT for a few days last week but it's better now. I no longer have to live second by second or minute by minute. It is now living moment to moment and hour to hour. I am seeing that as a good sign. I am trying my best and am so excited to hear about what goes on with everyone.
I love you all so much!
And I can tell someone has been praying for me, I wouldn't be able to do this on my own.
Love
Zuster Wimmer
Tot Ziens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment