Saturday, July 23, 2011

[Jessica] 3 down 5 to go

July 20 2011

Hello Family and friends!!
It's another Pday at the MTC. It is SO good to hear form you all! And the care packages are overwhelming and threatening to make me gain a few more pounds. I seem to have gotten my appetite back. I had a baked  potato and half of a brat. With a side of milk and croutons, of course. I feel I'm in the beat now. The language is coming, slowly but surely, and while there are still times I think about jumping out the window, studying hours on end, I've found my rhythm I'm getting along SO well with my Elders. I love their guts!... most of the time. They are so cute and annoying. Mom, you don't have to keep telling me to think of them as Nick. They are Nick, and I have five of them.... heaven help me.
I have two investigators right now. Rommy (rommi) and Nathan (nah tin) Rommy is a Muslim who doesn't believe that Christ died for our sins. And Nathan has a hard time believing that there is only one true religion. Rommy is coming to Church this weekend and Nathan said he would "try" and start reading the Book of Mormon.
Turns out I'm really good at beach volleyball. Better than most girls here anyway. I don't know if thats saying much though... Most of the girls are bigger than me, so you'd think they could hit a bit harder. They can't. They also can't take a spike to the face, I learned.
Sorry! I'm rambling.
Nick left yesterday, so I am officially alone. Yes, I cried, a bit, big surprise. NOT. The rest of the Dutchies left on Monday. They are now in the Netherlands. Jealous!!! But I've grown more comfortable with the MTC. I don't hate it, but we're not going to be BFFs when I leave.
My companion is great, she often reminds me of ... a lady in our ward who I will not mention... but she's a bit of a nazi sometimes. Her boyfriend is coming into the MTC today. She's freaking out. He's 24 years old (a convert).
I only have 5 1/2 weeks left here! A whole month has gone by! I felt every second of it... But I feel it getting faster :)
Lots of love!!
Tot ziens!!
Zuster Jessica Wimmer






Cutting those lumps out!!!?!???!!?!
July 22 2011

For now, this is Jessica's last letter as a missionary. She has come home since then, she is having her bunions operated on. Many of you know of her foot condition, for those who do not: Bunions are a growth defect, that typically hurt when walking, climbing stairs, jumping, etc. They have not bothered her until this last week when she started noticing pain in her second toe. The pain started when she jumped about a foot off of the ladder from her bed. We have seen multiple doctors and have operation appointments set to get this taken care of as soon as possible. The healing process can take anywhere from two to six months. District leader promised a 99.9% chance they will send her back to the Netherlands. We are anxious, but feel quite confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment