Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jessica says The food is NOT good......

Happy 50th you old man!! How does it feel being alive for half a century??
the days and hours go by VERY slowly. But the week has gone by so fast! And you guys set me up! This food is terrible! Sure, its all you can eat but I have a hard time choking down the white rice! You can't mess up white rice, but worry you not, they found a way. their milk isn't too bad, I've had that for every meal. Oh! That reminds me, Rhett! I've been preparing myself to speak Dutch all my life! Don't you ever correct me again. Ik lief mijn melk!!!! HA! Yes, you read that correctly. Milk in Nederlands is "de melk". Next time you should think twice about correcting my divine inspiration!
To answer your list of Qs, yes, a solo sister is common enough that not many question me when I'm alone with my elders. And I do believe God is trying to ease me into spending everyday with a girl. My elders are funny, mature, immature, strange, yet kind. We're basically family now, we get along very well. I have 5 elders. My sis companion is Sister Moore. She is a drama girl, so her loud obnoxious attitude makes me feel at home. The time I spend with her is walking to breakfast and on Pday (which is on Wednesdays) I'm rooming with 6 girls (ahhh!!!) but I like them all. I want to finish this quickly so I'll send my draft in letter form. Sister Gardner is one of them.
Our district is  part of a new pilot program where from day one they have only spoken english for two hours for very important things we needed to know. The rest of the time it is Dutch. I'm good at speaking and reading it, but when someone tries to speak to me it all goes right over my head. But it's getting better the more words I learn.
I'm liking the MTC quite a bit. the only part I hate is not knowing the language but everyone tells me it will come. And I believe it. I just wish it would come faster. I like having a schedule and waking up has been shockingly easy. THe devotionals have bee amazing and so empowering. We had Dallin H. Oaks' (don't get excited yet Rhett) daughter come and perform for us. She is AMAZING. Look her up. The spirit was so strong.
Rhett thank you for the half eaten chips and hummus. (I need your address please)
(Dad correct my spelling!!!) And Laurie thank you so much for the bread sticks!!!! Real food! I was so confused because when I got the box it smelled of pizza. And that didn't sound so appetizing. haha Thank you :)
Thornton family (I'm guessing Jenny) Thank you thank you for the cookies!!! My roommates and I are so grateful.
With how much food I'm getting through the mail, I am going to become fat. But I figured since It's already boxed up I could send some of it to the starving kids in China.
Dad, saying that you broke down sent me into a fit of tears. Not cool. I've seen Dallan and Nick often enough. I have PE with Dallan and ate breakfast with Nick today... Sorry! I only have a few minutes left! I'll send you the rest of this draft and you can insert anything you'd like.
It's good to hear from everyone! I'm glad the 4th was fun.
*To Greg Fam : Send my email address to David. He can email me, I just can't email him. And I need addresses!!

Love you all!!!

   The church is true, see you in two!!!
Gah! Rhett, what were you thinking. I wanted to throw up just thinking of that. haha

Bye!!
      Zuster Wimmer

(Dad, Please correct all of my grammar and spelling errors, theu're driving me crazy. I'm so pressed for time. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment