Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FEBRUARY 2012 LETTERS



























FEBRUARY 13


Well well well, here we are again. another monday another holiday and
another change. and the news right now is not very specific. All that
i know is that i´m going to be leaving the Huehue valley. I like
huehue so i´m bummed but i´m also excited to get out and see more of
the mission. The AP´s did tell me that i´m going to be happy though so
we´ll see what they have in store for me tomorrow morning.
Well the birthday went quite well and we had a great activity on that
same day so it was all in all a great day. They sung and had cake for
me as well which was a nice suprise to get!
ALSOOOO.. thank you very much for all the birthday wishes! it was
great to hear from alot of people. I´m sorry i didn´t get to every one
but! i still love them! thank you all soooo muchl.
I´m really sorry but today i wont have much time again due to changes
and having A TON of families to visit before i leave. our p day will
be ending early for that reason. I´m very happy and learning to be
better every day! i cant wait for what the lord has in store for me
next! we´ll see!!! thank you thank you thank you and SORRY SORRY SORRY
that these past few letters have been REALLY lame but its been busy.
NEXT WEEK WILL BE GOOD. if time permits of course. thank you all so
much
Love Elder Wimmer


FEBRUARY 20


Hello family i´m on! Changes: I am in now in Xela, Oeste zone and the
area of San Mateo. The city of xela! near the temple too! its in our
zone. My new companion is Elder Huetes. Ehhh to be honest... not super
exciting news. He doesnt smile, has no emotion, and i truly havent
gotten to know him in the slightest yet. He doesn´t speak any english
but that hasnt really been the problem. the problem is getting him to
talk. He talks with the members alright because he was in this area a
few changes back but he´s all in all a good guy. I really cant
complain. We get along, he works pretty good, follows the rules.. i
should count my blessings. Well! i´ve got a story today so hear goes!
Also! i got your letters mom!!! And tyler.... HAPPPYYY DIRPAYYYYYY
BROVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you man. I really hope its a good one. I have
a bunch of clever lines i wanted to say but its better that i get
wrighting on my real page now soo it´ll sufice to say your awesome i
love and miss you and happy birthday.


                                                             Elder Rangel and Elder Wimmer
                                                                  Last work day together.


                                




My new area of San Mateo! its much cleaner here!

Also side note. I was interviewed 2 different times on the news here
for our service picking up trash! I WAS ON THE NEWS TWICE! with my
broken spanish haha They love having gringos in their pictures. I felt
pretty cool hah






2 photos in the morning from the balcony, One with building focus and
one with sky focus





FEBRUARY 20
Well goooood morning family. I hope that all is well at home. And i
hope that i dont have a female for a father now, due to all that
wedding estrogen, darling this, darling that, blah blah blah. That made
me laugh pretty hard. hah
  This week has been the slowest week of my mission for some reason
but i´m sure it´ll pick up soon. Lots of meeting the members and
trying to find investigators. I do like the area and I have high hopes
so we´ll see!
I know that my past few emails have not been very informative
of how its been going here or just mainly havent been very enjoyable
to read. Quite boring to say the least. So this time i´ve semi
prepared a little something of a story to share with you. Its actually
the one from 2 weeks ago that i wanted to share but didnt have time to
do so, but here you are.
As you may or may not remember, before i left rumor had it
that Guatemala is filled with different Tribal Languages which the
natives speak. Well i´m here to tell you that... Its TRUE! In fact!
there are 24 different languages in all! No i am not going to list
them and neither could i list them even if i wanted to. But two of the
most common tribal or Native Languages here are Quiche and Mam. Yes, I
had heard it a little in the streets but it is not very common that
you find it. To be honest at the first of my mission i couldnt tell
the difference between Mam and spanish. Ok well maybe i could have but
not when people are just talking in the backround. It sounds like some
sort of african language with the clicking and that sort of stuff. Its
so cool!
 Any ways the story now. We were walking home from an appointment
and i heard some lady singing REALLY loud and REALLY... not the best
singing in the world. Sooo we followed it and came across a middle
aged lady singing the songs from her Evangelcal hymn book. She had
recently moved down from the mountains into the city of huehue. Her
husband is in the states and she lives with here with her 4 kids. (we
come across families in this situation ALOT. Mother, kids, no father)
We asked her and her children a few questions about her book and other
small talk questions. As we continued in conversation we increasingly
noticed that the mother wasn´t understanding our questions. She would
reply to our questions with completely off of subject answers. We
struggled to get answers that we wanted to hear. That is until she
turned to her children after a certain question and blurted out some
strange noises.... SHE COULDN´T SPEAK SPANISH! she spoke Mam! IT WAS
SO COOL!!!  Our conversation wtih her from there on out was through
the children. They translated for her! It was an english kid speaking
bad spanish to a semi spanish speaking Mam family. We talked for some
time and tried to learn a few phrases in mam and they tried a few in
english. It was such a cool experience!
I´m sorry i dont have much time so i´m going to cut the story short but side comment.
We showed her pictures of our home lives and when she saw one of me, jackson, and dallan 
SHE IMMEDIATLY GASPED........ "your eyes?....." she said looking at me with her jaw dropped.
In the picture i showed her we had red eyes from the camera
flash... and sheee waaaas scaaaared toooo death.. She had NEVER seen a
picture like that before!!! hahaha it took a bit for her to understand
but she eventually closed her mouth again. what a cool family they were.




FEBRUARY 27
Well I love you all and sorry i´m cutting it short and its scrambled
and unorganized but, i wrote a better letter than the past few.
THANK YOU and i love you so much family 


I´m doing great learning to work hard even when there´s nothing to work on. 
My companion is Good. Not bad, not great. Not very exciting but also not a drag. 


Our ward is only a branch. The chapel is small. Its interesting that it seems there´s
less members here in the city. Or at least just compared between this area and my last. 

My apartment is TALL, but with very small rooms. We
have three levels but we only use two. The water is naturally semi
warm but it doesn´t run between the hours of 1 in the after noon till
5 in the morning the next day. The running water is a morning thing only.

I eat tuna and oatmeal ALOT. I´m gaining weight,  good weight! 
I really have gained 20 pounds. I´m doing something called
P90X which is making me grow. I sleep well at nights and getting up is easy.

I miss my family and love them alot. No not in a distracting,
way but an encouraging way. I want to make you proud. I want to make
up for my earlier stresses I caused by bringing back a stronger
feeling of love, happiness, and hope. You, Dad, and my brothers and
sister helped me find this change. and Along with a hand from a good
friend (chunie) you have all helped me find a better... no, the Best
way to live my life. Thank you so very much for everything you have
done for me. All of you (fam and chunies) words and actions did go
unnoticed, but now have been dug up from the back of somewhere and have
been put into acknowlegdment and action. Who i am NOW, Is your words
and advice put into action.  Thank you and love you so much. 
Elder nicholas wimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment