Thursday, October 6, 2011

[nick] WK 3 language dandy, dinner yum-up

The language is going just dandy. When i arrived Elder Harding said he was really suprised how well my spanish was. he said he was in the advanced class in the mtc and mine is just as good as his was when he first arrived in the field. He thinks im one of the best that have come that didnt know spanish before the mission. That made me feel really good haha cause i didnt feel like it was that great before. I can speak better than i can understand so thats what im working on most. listening. We have only taught a few lessons and they have gone pretty well, i can usually follow along and add my bit every now and then but by no means am i taking the lead on lessons.
Well to answer my typical night ill share an experience of one night i had of visiting a member. it was actually the family that i sent a picture of. the one with just the kids that were all over me. there are those three boys and then one girl that isnt in the picture. the girl is the second youngest and is about as big as the one whos doing the peace signs. They are all CRAZY they dont know my name all they know is that we are "mejor amigos!!" thats what we all call eachother.
The kids always come and sit by,below and on top of me and blow there noses on my pant legs. it was really hard to laugh at that one.. my pants still have a mark from it. any ways ill share my first dinner cita with them. We showed up around seven according to our plans and sat down to a small plastic table on a bench that absolutely should have broken the moment i sat on it. Im grateful for the amazing strength the bench showed that night so we wouldn´t have to make that our next service project. anyways i sat on the left side of the bench and on the right side was the little girl. Elder harding sat on the right side of the table and the mother across from me. the three boys were eating in the other part of the room. I was already nervous because i knew this family was quite poor and would absolutely give there best meaning i would absolutely have to eat every bit of what she served. "She" is Laura, the single mother of the four very young children. She is very humble and hardworking woman. when she finished serving up the food what i found in front of me was a bowl filled with a turkey leg, carrots, potatoes and filled to the brim with oil. I wouldnt be suprised to have found out she had poured the oil strait from her bottle to my bowl no water no flavor just strait vegetable oil. Im guessing its similar to some of the food you ate in china.
Also in front of me was a drink that had the color of chocolate milk which got my hopes up but then i soon noticed the large grey floaties lingering in the depths of the dark thick substance. as i looked around i also noticed that, of course, i had the largest bowl. the more i looked at the bowl i came to the conclusion that the turkey was a giant parasite that she had found and killed to serve us that night for dinner. we started eating and as i ate i increasingly felt my self becoming sick and naucious. while we ate i also came to realize that the little girl next to me had peed her pants, this did not help my nausea. not only had she peed her pants but throughout the entire meal she was wiping her greasy peed hands on my pants. how nice of her to share. poor elder harding tried the swallow no chew tactic and finished his bowl quite quickly. poor guy.... i thought it was a good idea at first as well. Laura being the wonderful lady she is saw that he had finished his bowl quickly and figured that he must be very hungry.. she happily took his bowl and filled it right back up for him. Seeing this i learned from his attempt and ate the food as slowly as possible. I eventually finished mine and didnt even get to see if elder harding finished his because right as i finished mine we had to go out side to take a "phone call". After elder harding had puked his guts out we returned to the table and talked. I was having a really rough time trying to keep my food down after all of these things had taken place but i toughed it out and held it in with all my might. we eventually all finished, talked for a little, then elder harding and i left to go home. My days usually arent usually that wonderful but usually have bits and pieces of that night strung throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment